And when a family asks us for help, it is a volunteer who makes the difference.
Home-Start’s volunteers are a lifeline for families and there are lots of ways to get involved. You can visit parents and children in their homes, help run a support group, act as a trustee, help fundraise, and so much more.
You will be trained and supported by skilled Home-Start staff. And you could turn a family’s life around. Home-Start’s amazing volunteers encouraged 33,000 families last year. But we have many more asking for help.
Whatever way you volunteer for us you will:
- make a difference to parents and children facing great difficulties
- give something back to your local community
- perhaps return the support you once received from Home-Start
- share a similar experience
You may also benefit yourself, through:
- better health and well-being;
- improved personal and skills development;
- improved chances for work
- and more self-confidence
- preparing to return to work or to progress your career
- doing something amazing with your spare time
“Sue was the one person who stayed to help the children and me pick up the pieces. With Sue, I learned to cope as a single parent. Sue has never let us down, she is just brilliant. I am over the moon. For my children, Home-Start has been second to none”
Tim, widowed parent
Sue was his volunteer from